Friday, August 31, 2007

In Addition to Flowers, I Love Animals and Birds

Since, I have gotten my camera, I love to take pictures of scenery, of animals, of trees, and you already know about my flowers and bees. These are some of my finds.

This friendly squirrel I met at my friend Peg's. He was sitting patiently in the tree waiting for some peanuts.


Then there were the ducks at the Tourist Bureau in Windsor. There are four pairs of them, but they don't like having their photos taken. I was lucky to get one in a decent shot. I will go back soon to see if there are any children added to the families.

Horses don't really care if you take their picture, as long as they have something to nibble on. Out on the Chester Road there are two groups of them that interest me. The one group appears to be all adult horse. The other group had some colts born this spring, so they are fun to watch. You will see that the young ones like to stay close to mom.











Now lets head to the south shore and look at some sea gulls. The two guys look quite content to sit on the rock and enjoy the day.




I had a great shot of a cormorant with its wing spread out drying them, until I found out what birds of destruction they are, I knew I could never use that photo. Instead I will share the island in Northwest Cove that they nested on and literally removed everything.

Instead I will end this session with a picture of something much more appealing. Another shot I took on the same afternoon. It made me feel better to see this sailboat and know that it's seaman was mastering the wind in his sails and enjoying the afternoon (I hope he was, as I enjoyed watching)... If only life were as simple and free as the sailboat. But then again, even the sailboat needs a master...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy, I've read your blog word for word up to and including the one with our squirrel in it. You've done a great job. Beautiful pictures. Isn't she or he the cutest little squirrel. We've named her Janie after her mom Jane, who seems to have moved on. I guess next Spring we'll know if she should remain named Janie or not!..............Peg

Julia said...

Hey MummaHud!!
So excited you have a blog. i had no idea! guess it looks like i have one more blog to read each day to take a break from work.

your pictures are amazing. i always liked toying around with photography, but i dont have a cool camera like you. what kind is it?